This is another recipe adapted from Diane Phillips’ Perfect Party Food and can be made in greased muffin tins for individual servings instead of the pie tin; in this case bake for only 25 minutes.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 shakes Tabasco sauce
- 2 scallions (white and green), finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. beef chorizo, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Stir in the scallions, chorizo, and cheese until blended.
Do-ahead: At this point you can cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 10 inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
3. Pour quiche batter into pan and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and the quiche has puffed up above the rim of the baking dish, 40-50 minutes.
At this point, you can let cool, cover, and refrigerate overnight or freeze for up to 6 weeks. Defrost and bring to room temperature. Reheat in 350 F oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature.